home | previous | next

Milton Club
postcard of the Milton Club

The Milton Club, founded in 1891, originally offered bowling, billiards, dances, lectures, concerts and plays for its members. In 1913 a clubhouse, designed by George F. Shepard, was built at 193 Central Avenue.  In 1946, the Milton Club and the Whisick merged, forming the Milton Hoosic Club. The Milton function facility is still part of the Milton Hoosic, a club with a hundred-year history of serving families in Milton and Canton.