home | previous | next

Milton Savings Bank
postcard showing Milton Savings Bank lobby in 1954

February 18, 1954, the Milton Savings Bank opened its new modern, colorful headquarters on Adams Street in East Milton.  Following World War II through a partnership with architect Royal Barry Wills, "House of the Month" blueprints, featuring attractive and affordable houses pre-approved by the bank for V.A. mortgages, were made available to bank customers.  A number of post-war built Milton homes used these popular designs.